The 4th Annual Canadian Videogame Awards took place in Vancouver, British Columbia on Saturday, April 20th at the Vancouver Convention Centre, and were proud to be partnering again with Fan Expo Vancouver™. The CVA’s honour and celebrate the best and brightest in Canadian videogames. Guests enjoy a great, fun, fast paced night featuring Canadian hosts, presenters and musical talent. The show is produced by Reboot Communications and Greedy Productions along with many other industry partners. Please click here to see the 2013 Advisory Board of industry experts from across Canada.
Elias Toufexis hosted this year’s CVAs!
Elias has had an extensive career on television and in videogames. On television he has had leading characters in shows like Supernatural, Smallville, Alphas, Eureka, Lost Girl and dozens more.
In the videogame world he has gained an intense following with dozens of roles in extremely popular games like The Assassin’s Creed series, The Splinter Cell Series and, most notably, as the lead character of Adam Jensen in Deus Ex: Human Revolution. (Winner of last year’s CVA for Best New Character!)
Elias has numerous productions slated to premiere in 2013 such as; the supporting role of Kauji in the animated feature film, Sarila, starring 2012 Oscar winner for Supporting Actor, Christopher Plummer; Imaginaerium in which Elias plays the villain Mr. White. The role of Andriy Kobin in Splinter Cell: Blacklist and you can also see Elias in ABC’s TV series, Zero Hour, starring Anthony Edwards.
The 4th Annual Canadian Videogame Awards
Saturday, April 20th, 2013
- VIP Registration – 5:15pm (VIP ticket holders will have free access to Fan Expo from 5:30-7pm once they have picked up their VIP wristband)
- Red Carpet Opens - 6:30pm
- VIP Reception – 6:45pm
- General Admission Doors Open – 7:30pm
- Awards Commence – 8:15pm
Vancouver Convention Centre, East Building Ballroom
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Dress Code: Casual to Semi-Formal
- December 3rd, 2012 – Nominations Open
- February 1st, 2013 – Nominations Close
- March 18th, 2013 – Finalists Announced, Public Voting Opens for Future Shop Fans’ Choice Award
- April 20th, 2013 – 4th Annual Canadian Videogame Awards
- April 20th-21st, 2013 – Fan Expo Vancouver™
Proud to be partnered with